Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Really Big Motivation . . .

Last night I returned to the gym. It was a Monday, and it was crowded. The only machine available was a Precor which feels like you are walking in pluff mud through a never ending creek. The husband had had a very long day because he works much harder than I do, and he really wanted me home at a reasonable hour to help with the bathing, feeding, homework, etc., so I decide to plow through the pluff mud for just 30 minutes instead of 40 . . . . until . . . .the largest woman in the world popped up on my Precor TV screen in an interview on Entertainment Tonight. She weighed in at a whopping 1,000 lbs. First and foremost, where is this woman when I am on the beach in a bathing suit?!?!? I'd look fabulous by default! Secondly, GROSS!!!!! Watching her eat (too much!), walk (barely), and talk (pathetically) was enough motivation for me to plow through pluff mud for eternity (or at least not to cut myself short the 40 minutes). As a Christian, I know that I am not being very nice, so let me see if I can rectify this . . . . . yes! . . . she may not be doing herself any favors, but she certainly did motivate me. And for that, I am most grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Was it the woman whose goal is to top out at 1000 lbs!? That really is a sad, sad state of affairs...

    ReplyDelete