Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bring it on . . .

Spring that is! I still had a little tickle in my throat, but I have even more of a jiggle in my trunk, so I laced up for a great power walk yesterday afternoon. The afternoon was absolutely gorgeous - perfect temp, bright orange sunset, lots of chirping birds - sure signs that Spring is oh so close. Columbia in the spring is quite something - a perfect southern landscape of daffodils, azaleas, red bud trees, and wisteria. My yard contributes greatly to this masterpiece with perhaps the most spectacular Japanese magnolia tree in the city. Just this morning, I saw buds opening which means that in the next 7-10 days, my corner will be fabulous! Do drive by, or better yet, walk the entire neighborhood. I think power walks will be my exercise d'jour in the the days and weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment