Thursday, March 11, 2010

Blame it on the rain . . .

Weather isn't pretty, so it was back to the gym for a little cardio last night. My ipod was lost/stolen/misplaced, so I treated myself to a newer, fancier one. I am amazed at how little it is - smaller than a matchbox and holds over 250 songs. Anyhoo, I also treated myself to some new tunes. Travel back with me to the late 80's for a little Milli Vanelli. Yes, the title for today isn't really about the weather - it's the song! I must say that "Blame it on the Rain" puts a little zip in my step and brings back really funny memories of a great Greystone friend and driving around Gastonia NC with broken windshield wipers - in the rain! It's amazing the memories that we keep and the events in life that make their mark, usually a song goes with the moment. If there was a soundtrack for my life, I think that "Blame it on the Rain!" would certainly be in the mix. We are also mid-Lent, and I am learning a lot about time management with regard to exercise. Some days are just impossible, but making yourself go on the days when the only thing you can blame is the rain, seems to be the key.

1 comment:

  1. "Red, Red, Wine" reminds me of riding around with Emmers.

    ReplyDelete