Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Time Listener

We preach being a "first time listener" with our children, often to no avail. As an adult, I have learned who and what to listen to, and my body is something I know I should listen to first. A few years ago, I chose to ignore my bodies signs and signals of strep throat and had to take steroids to relieve the swelling. As mothers, we tend to "press on" as being sick is not convenient for anyone, but especially a mother. Fortunately, I had a weekend already planned where it was convenient to rest and recoop. I caught up on much needed sleep, stayed close to home, drank lots of liquids, and listened to my body. I am officially feeling about 90% which means there are no excuses for tomorrow. So it's back to pounding the pavement (no Body Attack for a few more days! :>)

No comments:

Post a Comment