Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Burning Bush

Didn't Satan tempt Jesus in the form of a burning bush while in the desert? My mother did get me to Sunday School, but I may be confusing Jesus and Moses stories. If any of my 5 fans know the answer - give me a shout out! Regardless - I've been tempted and tested these past two days, and I am in a bit of a quandary. First, I decided that yesterday was my "off" day this week. Lesson #1 - Never let your "off" day come at the beginning of the week as you have no idea what the rest of the week has in store. Although, I must say that dinner with good friends and lots of laugh is always a great excuse. Second, I am sick - cough due to cold or cold due to cough, but either way - I feel just awful. I was most gracious for darling students who were well-behaved today as I struggled through my classes. I imagine that really skinny girls exercise through colds, H1N1, and pneumonia, but I think this girl needs some liquids, NyQuil, and Little House on the Prairie this evening. So, that leaves only 3 "off" days until Easter - yikes! Thus, I am in an "emergency" only mode. I am tempted to suck it up and go tonight, but I have a crazy weekend ahead, and being sick is not an option. After a quick re-read, a burning bush has very little to do with my entry, but I am too bushed to think of something else to write, and I am afraid my head may start burning up if I don't sign off . . . .

*** After an email clarification from my sister, it seems that next year I will read the Bible during Lent. Burning Bush has nothing to do with Jesus or Lent. I think I was hallucinating yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Whether it be Jesus or Moses (and, I don't know the answer) - the point is that you have carried the LESSON of the Burning Bush with you all these years. Your Sunday School teacher, and mother, would be proud!

    You are doing great! I'm totally entertained and proud of you, as I have always been ... Burning Bush or David & Goliath ... you are feeding the multitudes with your dedication & wit. Keep up the good work!

    (And I hope you feel lots better soon! NyQuil is its own miracle worker!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get lots of good rest and crazy, fun Nyquil dreams. Wanna meet at the gym some time tomorrow? (I'm assuming you go to Gold's since you went to Body Attack.)

    ReplyDelete